The Top Ten Worst Hit Songs of 2014

You know, I love doing these retro lists because they take me back to a time when I was young and unaware of the things going on around me. 2014 was the year I was 9 years old. I was super into all sorts of things. Marvel, Legos, and football are the main ones. Those things still bring me joy to this day even. Life has changed a lot since then, for a lot of obvious reasons, but I think you'll find these lists nostalgic in a lot of ways. The first list we're doing, as always, is the worst list.

The worst music of 2014 is pretty average, honestly. I'd place it about right in the middle of quality for all of the worst lists I've done, yet I also think it's very interesting. So many songs on this list fail in different ways, giving me unusual or unique reasons why I hate them. I had joy tearing into these songs, all of which qualified for this list based on their position on the charts. To be eligible, you must have hit the Top 40 at any point in 2014 while also having not charted for more than 10 weeks by the start of the year. A lot of songs get caught between years, so this is a chance to give them their shot to make these lists. Now, I'm not gonna keep you waiting long. Let's get it started.

The Landoman Experiment is proud to present...

THE TOP TEN WORST HIT SONGS OF 2014








I had a really weird phase this summer where I started watching analog horror videos. Think a Local 58 or Gemini Home Entertainment. They were really interesting in a lot of ways. I had never seen anything like it before, and I started to get really invested in them. However, the one thing that we should not be connecting to analog horror is probably music. The fact that I'm opening this entry discussing analog horror should tell you the type of song we are about to discuss.




To be understandably frank, I will not be calling this song by its actual name. This is to avoid any potential cancellation that could cause. But, to also be understandably frank, this song feels dangerous. There's something about it that feels off. Maybe it's the fact that it opens with alarm sounds, which instantly give you the vibe that you are about to die, but it also could be those repeating sounds throughout the song. It instantly reminded me of the analog horror shows I watched this summer when I heard it, and I knew that it was going to make the list then and there. 

Other than that, though, there's nothing really disturbing about this song. A lot of it is typical gangster rap cliches talking about shooting people, wanting his friends to be freed from prison, and having sex. The thing here is that Shmurda was actually charged with conspiracy to murder, which he pleaded guilty on. Funnily enough, that has nothing to do with this song being on the list. It's just mildly related, since the song came out before any of that happened. He was sentenced to prison for 7 years, but he's out now. He's even making music again, including a song called "Hoochie Daddy"... not sure what he means by that but I do not care enough to listen. 

Shmurda's flow kind of reminds me of Kodak Black a little bit, with 157.33% less mouthwash being gargled in his mouth. That's a compliment, by the way. I will also give Bobby credit for sticking this song closely accurate to his real life, considering how much he talks about trying to murder people. Is he the original YNW Melly? I don't know. I do need to discuss the production on this song, though, since I'm running out of things to say. Why it's on this list was obvious before, but those alarm sounds go on for 3 whole minutes. You could put "A Bar Song (Tipsy)"'s lyrics on this and it'd still be on this exact spot. The lyrics don't even register because of how distracting it is.

Also, I found out from researching this list that Bobby Shmurda's real first name is Ackquille. I have no idea where that could have come from, but it seems he realized he couldn't get anywhere with it. I also learned a second thing. This beat is not original. It came from another song called "Jackpot" by Lloyd Banks. Yep, it's just as bad. At least Lloyd does more on that song, but it is still so drowned out by how awful this beat is. Jahlil Beats (the guy who made this instrumental) needs to address his musical atrocity. I have no clue what he was thinking, mostly because the song is so mind-numbing. That's just frustrating.





In hindsight, Taylor Swift's arc makes so much sense. She built a foundation as the cute country girl, before giving herself the ultimate launch to stardom by releasing pop jams. I still actually kinda like "We Are Never Getting Back Together" and "22". There's a reason she was so popular from the start of this era. However, those were not the most popular song from this era. You know what was? Of course you do. 




Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" is one of the most popular songs of all time. Despite the fact that this song is atrocious, I understand why. I can understand why people find this song catchy. I can understand why people find this song inspiring. The problem is that those people are not me. I don't like this song at all. Most of it comes down to a lot of obnoxious production and lyrical choices that turn a mediocre song into an exhausting one. Listening to this song makes me feel carsick, which is a difficult thing for music to do.

The beat of this song is very bad. That trumpet gets annoying after it's repeated at all, and those drums don't ever change or do anything interesting whatsoever. Pairing the two together creates a song that pairs together boring and bashful. It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but it's not a song that I can hear all the time. Unfortunately, that is all this song has done since it came out. It was everywhere in 2014. It's still around now to some degree, considering Taylor is the most famous musical artist in the world. It gets unbearable after a while.

However, that's not what put this song on the list. What put it on the list are some of the baffling lyrical themes that Taylor thinks work despite not carrying their weight whatsoever. Particularly, the bridge might be the worst one of the year. Taylor says that instead of focusing on real-world issues with actual consequences, you could've instead been dancing to "this sick beat". One, the beat is terrible. It's not "sick". If you're gonna do this, at least be honest. Then, the next part comes on with "my ex-man brought his new girlfriend" in a "Mickey"-style chant that wasn't good then, and is somehow even worse now. These choices are awful. They bring a 2 down to a 0. The song is unlistenable to me because of this.

Look, if this song genuinely inspired you, I'm glad for you. I'm glad it exists for those people. I'm not going to just say that it couldn't have. It obviously did. It's just not my thing. I find these cheerleader-style songs to be a little over-the-top for my taste. Taylor has made plenty of great music and plenty of bad music. She makes so much music it's hard not to dislike some of it. I dislike this for the same reason I dislike songs like "Prayer In C" by Lilly Wood and the Prick. I just think the message gets drowned out in bad production. I hope we can learn from these songs.



There was one gigantic question in 2014 that everyone was talking about. A song released by a very popular singer had some potentially really racist undertones. That led everybody to ask...

Is Katy Perry racist?

Nah. I'm very confident she isn't. Saying you're "getting your nails done all Japanesey" is probably just referring to the style and nothing racial.

If we're going to target a singer from 2014 for having racist undertones in his music, we need to fight the real enemy.




Jason's music has always been bad, but he hit a new Deru-low in 2014. With the release of "Talk Dirty", he finally established his affinity for foreign women in a way that reached the low standards he had already established for himself. It doesn't help that this song is jam-packed with lyrics so bad it'd make Ronnie Radke roll over in his grave even though he's not dead yet. Derulo and guest artist 2 Chainz have somehow outdone themselves by making a song I laughed at so hard that I fell out of my chair.

Am I actually accusing Derulo of being racist? Obviously not, but this song would make it easy for me. Both artists do fetishize foreign women to the point where it gets... uncomfortable. Then again, any song with these lyrics would make me feel that way. "Our conversation ain't long, but you know what is" may be a contender for stupidest lyric of all time. The "what? I don't understand" in the intro also makes it so much worse. The idea of the song is that Jason and 2 Chainz are with a foreign girl and want her to talk dirty to them in her language. Is that a bad idea? Yes. Yes, it is. You know what's worse, though?

Jason is not the only problem with this song. There's another artist. 2 Chainz, and he has a rap verse. In this rap verse, he waits all of 2 seconds before bluntly saying "sold out arenas, you could suck my penis". 

I have never laughed harder at a song lyric in my entire life.

That's so bad it makes my pun from before seem like a Norm MacDonald joke by comparison. It's quite possibly the most stupidly blunt lyric I've ever heard in my life, and I heard the weeknd tell his audience to kill themselves.

What is this song? Don't answer. I don't really want to know.






There's a classic amongst the pop music tropes. Amongst the unstoppable juggernauts, the unambiguous flops, and the rest, you have... the one-hit wonder. Every year has them. Artists like Gotye or Los Del Rio or Lou Bega, they pop in our culture for a small instant and then just leave.... never to return. In Gotye's case, I mean that literally. 2014's biggest one-hit-wonder might be the worst of them all. It takes being bad to a brand new extent, in a very rude way, you know?





"Rude" by Magic! (yes, it's actually punctuated like that, hardee har har) is one of the worst songs of 2014 for the simple fact that it's pushy beyond any attempt at restraint. Temu Adam Driver here apparently thinks that this song is clever in some way, or, you know, good, but I'm fairly certain he's wrong. I have no idea what audience fake-reggae ska pop is supposed to appeal to, but they found it. This was one of the biggest songs of the year, placing the same spot on the Year-End Hot 100 that it placed on this list. I don't know how it got there, because I wanted to turn this off from the first moment I heard it even back in 2014, and I want to even more now.

This song is about a guy (Temu Adam Driver, the lead singer of this band) asking his girlfriend's dad to let him marry her. Of course, I'm presuming that she's his girlfriend, because the dad makes it very clear he has absolutely no interest in them getting married. If I were being less charitable, I'd assume it's because the guy is being pushy and obnoxious about it, but I'm nice, so we'll just assume it's a personal grudge. This leads to the title question "why ya gotta be so ruuuuuuuude, don't you know I'm human tooooo?", which is just so dumb. He's not being "rude", he's telling you that you're not good enough for his daughter, which the song makes increasingly clear that he's not. Considering this guy, Nasri Atweh being his real name, has helped write multiple songs for notorious woman-beater Chris Brown, I'd say he probably isn't. That seems like a personal grudge, and yeah it is. I don't like Chris Brown, obviously.

Then we get to the music, which is somehow even worse. It sounds bouncy in a way a glass bowl is bouncy, in that it isn't. It's trying to be reggae, but it's so spayed and neutered that it seems more like making ramen noodles and forgetting to add water AND broth. It's an unbridled disaster. The bass line is especially bad. It sounds like it's trying to be catchy and instead catches itself on fire while running into a supermarket. It's trying so hard to be reggae that it sounds overly aggressive.  It attacks your ears and hurts to listen to. It's frustrating to listen to, especially when radio tries to force this on you and makes it infinitely worse. 

I'm not trying to be mean to Magic!, but it just naturally happens considering how bad the song is. I've come up with some very creative analogies to try and help you understand where I'm coming from. However, it all boils down to the pushiness. The fact that Nasri ignores the dad's objections and says that he's going to marry her anyway tells me he didn't really care about asking the dad. He was just warning him. I wonder if he played "Hot Boy" when doing that.





The number one song in 2026 so far has been "Choosin' Texas" by Ella Langley. This feels unprecedented, especially in my lifetime. Where did this country music dominance come from? 

I blame the rise of country trap. Unfortunately, that has been part of it. Morgan Wallen's "Last Night" is the most infamous example of this. It's hit or miss. Unlike Ella's style of country, it's been very difficult to keep defending it when you consider some of what brought it into the mainstream.




Here's a fun fact about Jason Aldean: That's not his last name. Yep, he goes by a stage name. This isn't a bad thing, lots of artists do this, but it's just funny to me that this guy who's so obviously inauthentic uses a name that is also fake. What does that have to do with this song, though? Well, to be honest, I can't feel the genuine emotion he's trying so hard to portray. It feels like Aldean is reading his lyrics off of a page. The song feels joyless, which is weird for a song that's supposed to be a sex jam. It's supposed to be about Aldean and his girl going to bed and "burnin' it down", which... I don't wanna hear that. I have no interest in hearing the guy who would go on to release "Got What I Got" make a sex jam. That's just unappealing on a natural level. 

When it comes to how this song sounds, the production uses drum machines and a looping guitar riff that isn't very good. It's filtered terribly and like it's supposed to be left behind in the mix. Then there's Jason's voice, which doesn't fit with this. I don't like his singing even on his songs that aren't completely terrible ("Knew You'd Come Around" and "Dirt Road Anthem"), but this is an all-time low even for him. It's repetitive and bland in all of the worst ways. It's trying to sound cool, but it just sounds boring. The worst kind of boring.

The lyrics aren't especially awful, except for the one... "Jammin' to some old Alabama with you, baby laying right here, naked in my bed". Are you guys trying to listen to "Song of the South" or "I'm In A Hurry" as your bedroom music? If you're using the latter, that's a self-own on the level of Kevin Durant getting caught using burner accounts to defend himself on Twitter. It's also funny that the song features a completely different guy with a girl, implying that he's singing from the point of view of someone who isn't Jason Aldean, which is hilarious.

The one thing I can give this song credit for is using a Ruben's tube in the video. I used one of those for a school project in the 11th grade. It does fit the "burnin' it down" theme, although nothing else in the song does. What are they burning down? Knowing Jason, he 's talking about burning his marriage to the ground and bragging about it in a #1 country hit. That seems like something an upstanding human being would do, obviously. Either way, this song blows. 




Man, summer went by fast. I feel like I just graduated college, but it's already been 3 months and it shows no signs of slowing down. I tried to savor it as much as I could, but I've felt like I couldn't really do that considering how fast it went. It's almost as if it felt like... 5 seconds.




I don't hate 5 Seconds of Summer at all. I like some of their songs. So, what's so wrong with this one? Well, "Amnesia" is a case where a band doesn't seem to understand what a healthy coping mechanism is. Instead of trying to move on from a breakup, these guys think getting amnesia and just not remembering it at all is the best way to handle it. What are they talking about? That's just plain stupid. I get that you want to move on, but forcing yourself to forget everything is a very shortsighted view of life.

Imagine if you got amnesia. Do you think you'd be able to choose what you forget? Do you think you'd just lose all the cringy memories that you had with your ex? Unfortunately for these guys, that's not how that works. You don't just get to pick and choose. This ain't build-a-memories-you-forget-checklist. In the real world, amnesia makes you forget important things like your name, your Lego.com password, and your mother's maiden name. It doesn't just take away the memories of a relationship that failed. 

This song just also sounds wimpy and pathetic. It's got these overdramatic acoustic guitar plucks that try to sound melodic and sad. The problem with that is that the lyrics overcome that with their awful desperate wails. This song takes a breakup song and pushes it to an unhealthy extreme. 5SOS wonders if this entire relationship was a lie, asking how their ex could be fine while they're not. They spend the entire song trying to make us feel sorry for them, but I just feel disgusted in how much it fails. They make us think that the girl was the reason it ended, but the creepiness keeps kicking in. Lyrics like "the pictures that you sent me, they're still living in my phone" and "it hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you moved on" tell me that they didn't even understand how creepy this sounds.

It makes sense to me that this song was co-written by Good Charlotte, whose song "I Don't Wanna Be In Love (Dance Floor Anthem)" does the exact same thing. That song tries to get you to feel the same emotions as the singer, who tells everyone to shout that they don't want to be in love. This song tries to get you to cry that you want to forget love at all. The difference between these two songs is that "Amnesia" isn't catchy. It focuses solely on the lyrics and doesn't give you any reason outside of that to listen to it. So, I won't listen to it ever again.




We've finally hit the Top 4. This is the part of the article where things just go ballistic. What I mean by that is I have one of the best top 4s I've ever had. These 4 songs are so unbearably awful that I have so much material to work with to write these entries. So, let's start out at #4.

You ever met someone who was sexist? It's an awful experience. They try to drag women down and make them feel like they were the problem. It's awful. It's always entirely undeserved, and it's always a negative experience.

In 2014, a song did this kind of inadvertently. That song eventually led to one of the biggest bands of the 2010s being brought into the limelight.




This song really exists, doesn't it? It's baffling to me that this is the song that brought The Chainsmokers into the limelight, and it's even more baffling that they actually made songs that were good after making this heaping pile of trash. It's almost like they wanted to cash in on a trend and then use it to launch their actual music careers. That is quite literally what Wikipedia says they did with this song. Here's the quote:

"The Chainsmokers, composed of Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall, had noticed how the word selfie had become a trend and they wanted to take advantage of it. "

Yep, that's what they did alright. They took advantage of a trend. What this song consists of is a generic dance beat and a girl saying things in a valley girl accent. It's like they're trying to make you think the girl is annoying. But, they're the ones who made her say these things. She's not annoying. Their stereotype of what girls do at bars is annoying. Their baffling decision to make this song a thing at all is annoying. Of course, it worked.

This song peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100, meaning it was easily eligible for this list. This song caught the culture. People seemed to like the satire of this, but they also refused to understand why the song fails at satire. This song's blatant sexism is obvious from all fronts. It treats women like mindless toys who all say the same things over and over again. This song was described as "things-white-girls-say-meets-a-club-remix", but that isn't true. It's "things-The-Chainsmokers-think-white-girls-say-meets-an-awful-EDM-beat". 

This is like if "Harlem Shake" by Baauer was mixed with "Valley Girl" by Frank Zappa. The lyrics, all spoken by Alexis Killacam (who I have never once heard of) make me feel like The Chainsmokers think this is funny. It isn't funny. People think this is trying to poke fun at social media obsession, but it's poking fun at women. That's not right, man. I understand that there's a defense of this song saying that, but I just disagree vehemently. This song came off to me as sexist, and it's so blatant to me that I don't really know how someone couldn't see it that way. Get rid of this, now.




Look, I know "Talk Dirty" was awful. It's a terrible song, but it's not even Derulo's worst. Of course, it wasn't the only Derulo song that was gonna be on this list. Jason has always had his awful, awful moments. So, let's examine the trend that made his worst song.

In 2014, butts were all the rage. If you remember songs like "Bubble Butt", you'll know what I'm talking about. Jason Derulo took this as a challenge.



This song is probably the funniest bad song on this entire list. Listening to this song is like a flashbang of seventy different awful moments scrambled together to form a sentient blob of terrible music. "Wiggle" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard simply because it's too stupid to be an actual song. There is no way Jason Derulo and Snoop Dogg actually sat down, made this song, and recorded this music video. But, we're not living in a universe that makes any sense. We're living in a universe where "Wiggle" exists.

One of this song's main instruments sounds exactly like a recorder that a 2nd grader would play in music class. That makes it wildly uncomfortable to listen to this song at all considering that it's about Jason and Snoop ogling some girl's butt. There are some straight up awful lyrics in this song. "Your booty like two planets", "Go ahead and go ham sammich", and "Patty-cake, patty-cake, with no hands" are some of my favorite examples, but there is one that is worse. The worst lyric is "got me in this club making wedding plans", which just tells me how little Jason Derulo respects women.

This song doesn't treat women like women. It treats them like objects to stare at. This song may seem like harmless fun, but it's genuinely unbearable to listen to considering how laughably stupid it is. Jason Derulo confuses me. He can make some great music and then release mindless slop like this the next. This is on the same album as "The Other Side". How on Earth did that happen?

I'm not even going to mention that Snoop Dogg says "you got a bright future behind you" at the end of the song while holding binoculars in the music video. Wait, did I just do that? I did? Sorry. Uh, yeah. This entire song is a trainwreck. It makes "#SELFIE" look like a concentrated effort to make a good song. I don't think Jason and Snoop were trying to make a good song. They were trying to make a song that just stuck with you due to its sheer idiocy. They did succeed in that.




I've talked on here before about what trying to make an anthem for people can do. Even though they were bad songs, I still think "Fight Song" and "Scars To Your Beautiful" helped people. I feel the same with this song, even though to me, it feels like this song failed so miserably at what it was trying to accomplish that it came back around to being genuinely harmful. When you're trying to help people, you at least need to try to do it right. This song did not.



There's something that feels wrong about this song. Maybe it's the fact that she calls skinny people "b**ches" or that phony doo-wop style that ended up sticking around as Meghan Trainor's schtick, but this song has no business being a hit. I don't really understand how people saw this as inspiring, since it sounds like it was made to be in a diaper commercial, but people somehow did. If you did, more power to you. Don't read this section if you still want it to be after I'm done.

I don't know if Meghan understands that insulting skinny people isn't a good thing, but that's what this song does. It's basically saying that being fat is better than being skinny because it's more attractive to guys. That's quite literally what the song is saying:

"My mama, she told me, 'Don't worry about your size'. She says 'Boys like a little more booty to hold at night'".

That completely defeats the entire purpose that you should be happy with yourself no matter what your size. If you're saying you should not lose weight because you'd be less attractive to guys, you're tying your worth to other people and not yourself.

And, I hate to tell you Meghan, booty was already back. That's what this entire year of music was saying. The fact that your so-called "uplifting" anthem is the worst of these songs and not "Wiggle" is a testament to how much it really doesn't understand itself. It's an awful song. I hate how this song sounds. It's not catchy, even though it's an earworm. It's an earworm in the same way "Wiggle" is, in that it infests your mind with nonsense until you're just stuck.

I don't think Meghan had any ill intentions with this song, though. She was genuinely trying to make a good song. And, like any other song, it can fail miserably sometimes. It also doesn't help that I hate the type of music Meghan makes. Doo-wop throwbacks always make me not interested. It doesn't help when it's attached to inadvertently harmful rhetoric that misunderstands its own point. 

And now, before we reach #1, let's get through the dishonorable mentions.


DISHONORABLE MENTIONS.

[DM1] Na Na - Trey Songz


I considered putting this song tied with "Hot Boy", but this doesn't activate my fight or flight response nearly as much. That's mostly because it's trying to be threatening but the DJ Mustard "hey"s in the background really do their best to negate that as much as possible. Also, "oh na na" isn't a hook. It's filler. You should've found an actual lyric to put there. Sorry.

[DM2] 23 - Mike Will Made-It, Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa, & Juicy J


Jeez, why does every rap song on this list sound like it wants to hurt me? That background synth is grating to listen to. I don't even care about anything else in this song, that beat is enough to put it here. There's a reason I don't care about Mike Will Made-It as a producer. It's because he's an awful producer. 

[DM3] Drunk In Love - Beyonce feat. Jay-Z


I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't really like Beyonce that much. Yeah, she's got her good songs, but there's this thing where people think she's uncriticizable. She's not. This song does live up to its title, because it sounds like everyone involved was drunk when making it. That isn't a good listening experience.

[DM4] Say Something - A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera


This song feels like watching paint dry. I get that it's trying to be emotional, but it's got simple lyrics, simple chords, and the worst band name I've seen in a long time. Is "A Great Big World" supposed to be funny or something? It's an awful band name. I at least like the violins on this, but it's hard to get invested with something so basic.

[DM5] This Is How We Do - Katy Perry


This is the Katy Perry song I was referencing in the "Talk Dirty" entry, by the way. This isn't racist, but it is not fun to listen to. It wants to be chill and relaxed, but it's just grating. It's too happy for its own good. Stealing from Montell Jordan also doesn't work. Leave it to him to make a song with those words in the title.

[DM6] Anaconda - Nicki Minaj


"Hey, Lando, how's it going today"

"ONE OF THE BUTT SONGS SAMPLED BABY GOT BACK THIS IS NOT A DRILL THIS IS NOT A DRILL"

"...what?"

[DM7] Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, & Nicki Minaj


This song isn't even bad I just had to point out that every single aspect of this song feels like a drum. It's hard to listen to because of that. Not only is that true but I can't get the criticism out of my head and it distracts me from the actual song.

[DM8] Me and My Broken Heart - Rixton


Yeah, that's definitely the face and sound of a guy who would make a Maroon 5 ripoff band called "Rixton" and change their name to "push baby" after they were deservedly one-hit wonders. 

[DM9] Do What U Want - Lady Gaga & R. Kelly


Don't ever forget that Lady Gaga willingly recorded a song with a guy who married a minor in the 90s where she sings "do what you want with my body". I don't care that she rerecorded it with Christina Aguilera. What could've possibly prompted you to do that in the first place????


[DM10] Love Never Felt So Good - Justin Timberlake & Michael Jackson


This song's existence is actually offensive to me. If you remember, Justin Timberlake is the reason Janet Jackson no longer has a career. And then they desecrate her brother's discography by letting him duet with one of his posthumous recordings? Imagine how Janet feels having never had the same level of success after the Super Bowl incident and then seeing Michael plastered everywhere in 2014 on a hit song with the guy who ruined her career. Screw this.


And finally, my least favorite hit song of 2014.




When it comes to making these lists, the build-up to #1 is the most important part to me.

It's introducing the culmination of this list, the reason you're watching. It determines if the list was worth reading in the end. If I can't argue the #1, the rest of the entries fall with it. So, with this pick, I need to be careful...

Or do I?

My least favorite hit song of 2014 isn't a song I can tackle without feeling like I'm being too nice to it. It's a song that makes me infuriated. It's a song with absolutely no redeeming qualities. It's a song by people with awful intentions. 

Is it my worst #1 ever? I don't know. All I know is that the worst hit song of 2014 is the song that takes everything about this list and exemplifies them all.



It was never going to be anything else. "Loyal" by Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, and Tyga is a song so bad it goes above and beyond anything on this list to be awful. Everything about it sucks. That beat that sounds catchy as first never really changes except to highlight Chris Brown's awful singing voice. It also gets grating. That repeating loop of the intro sound gets obnoxious when paired with these three morons singing. I usually don't make my entries about how awful the people on them are, but this is different. The idea of a woman beater, a pedophile, and the guy who made "Love Me" singing about how "these hoes ain't loyal" makes me angry in a visceral way.

We all know about Chris Brown's violent tendencies. We all know that Tyga is a pedophile who bragged about it on record. These two were made to work together. Two awful, evil people working together to make music with no redeeming qualities. So, what did the song result in?

Lil Wayne starts the song with a pretty awful verse with lyrics like "why give a b***h an inch when she'd rather have nine?". That's pretty terrible. Then it cuts to Chris Brown's chorus and verse where he brags about stealing your girl because he's rich. To be honest, if my girl left me for Chris Brown I'd be both relieved that I'm no longer with someone that stupid and worried for her safety because Chris Brown is a woman-beater. He also criticizes girls for going to the club with their man, because that's just the kind of person he is. 

Then Tyga's verse hits. This is probably the least offensive part of the song because he rhymes the word "bigger" three times together. He's mostly just talking about chains and cars. But, he does say "Do it too good when she ride that d**k", which... you're not talking about your minor girlfriend you had at this time, Kylie Jenner? This version of the song came out in 2014, and you were reportedly "dating" her since she was 16, which would've been in 2013 and 2014, so the things add up there. Maybe I was wrong. This might be the most offensive part of the song because Tyga doesn't think about what he's saying. 

At least Jason Derulo isn't actual human garbage. At least Meghan Trainor was trying to help people. I wouldn't want to be around or interact with the kind of person that this song is for. If you like this song, I question why. When you're willingly listening to 2 evil men and Lil Wayne brag about stealing someone's girl, it tells me your standards are lower than the Mariana Trench. It tells me you don't care if someone is shamelessly terrible as a human being.

"Loyal" is the worst hit song of 2014 and it isn't remotely close. Everything adds up to this being the song that represents why 2014 was such an awful year for pop music. The fact that Chris Brown still had a career then and still has one today is wrong. It shouldn't be happening. The shameless disgusting behavior that Chris had displayed throughout 2014 is obvious. He spent a lot of time in rehab and jail that year. That just makes me sad. This dude could've been someone who made good music that people liked. Instead, he became a garbage human because he couldn't handle the fame correctly. The fact that he still goes on stadium tours now makes me sad and angry.

"Loyal" by Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, and Tyga. The worst hit song of 2014.

Comments

Popular Posts